Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Huxley and Blitz




Let me introduce you to Huxley (liver and white) and Blitz (black and white). They are 6 1/2 year old German Shorthaired Pointers. They are littermates. They have been with the same owner since they were 10 weeks old. Because of personal circumstances the owner must give up the dogs. She's requesting they get placed together. Kris (RM GSP Rescue) asked if we would consider taking in the TWO dogs!
Whew. What can I say. After seeing them, of course, I'll think about it. Kris is going to call at 4:30pm to talk to me about it. I still don't know how they would be around the cats. And that's the big thing. These dogs are used to each other and might not do well with other animals. I don't know.
We're still considering a lab puppy too! I haven't heard back about Harley yet. I don't know if we'll be able to adopt from Dream Power or not since we gave up Skooter and Moped. I don't know what the weather will be like on Satureday, but we'd like to go down to Penrose and go to the local adoption fairs to look at dogs/puppies.
What to do, what to do? I think Huxley and Blitz might be too energetic for me. I know they'd keep each other company, but I don't want to get stressed out again. I don't know if they walk okay on a leash or not. I just want a companion dog(s). And I really want a dog that will get along with the cats. I can't stress that enough (to myself!).
I can't be taken in by these cute faces. I have to think about what is best for me AND the dogs. They do have cute little fuzzy faces though. :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They are cute. I'd find out why they named her "Blitz", though :).

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger