Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Thursday, April 5, 2007

Midnight thoughts


Is it the thought of having a dog I'm in love with or am I in love with actually having a dog? I know I'm already thinking about Blue, about getting him, having him at home, laying on the floor with him while he sleeps next to me. I know I've gotten ahead of myself since Kris hasn't answered my email (don't expect her to until the weekend) and I don't know if Blue would be okay with my cats. The cats were here first and they have seniority. I'm already thinking of what it would be like to take Blue for walks and drives. I'd want to do things differently with Blue. I'd want to be as active as I can be (which still wouldn't have been enough for Skooter and Moped). I'd like to get him used to going for a couple of walks every day on leash. I'd like to work with him on obedience commands.


I'm setting myself up for a bad fall here if I keep thinking ahead of myself. I've expressed interest in Blue. Kris will get back to me and let me know whether he would be right for us and whether we would be right for Blue. I need to keep my focus on this first step in the process, a process that may end with a quick 'no'.


When I woke up, I saw the moon shining brightly out the window and it made me wonder if Skooter was seeing the same moon. Do dogs look at the moon? I know they've been known to howl at it, but do they actually look at it? I sure do miss Skoots and Mopes. They were my buddies, out of control, but my buddies nonetheless. I still miss their sounds. Mostly I miss Skooter's excitement whenever he'd see me, his Mister Wiggles moments. And I miss his smile.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger