Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Friday, February 16, 2007

The Vet called back

I left a message for Dr. G telling him that I had switched the dogs to a raw meat diet, that Skooter was having trouble going to the bathroom and that he was vomiting. I also told him about Moped having diarrhea. He called back and said he researched the raw food diet and had three articles that talked of the drawbacks to a raw food diet. He said that he would prefer that the dogs go back on kibble. I called David and let him know what Dr. G had to say.

At this time, with everything that's going on with me (my medical issues) and the dogs (training, DDC, diet change), David said he that he would also prefer it if I would put the dogs back on kibble.

I think I've introduced too many changes too quickly to the dogs in a short period of time. I need to slow down and focus on one thing and do that right. Training will be what I focus on. Diet can come later. I think DDC will still be okay because it helps Moped get some energy out that I can't accomplish at home with him. One day a week at doggie day care will be enough for now. Then we'll have training on Saturdays. That'll be enough for now. For them and for me.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger