Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Friday, February 9, 2007

Journal

I took Moped to DDC around 6:30am. He only stayed for a few hours yesterday, so I wanted to see if he could make a whole day there. He was excited when he got there. He went in with the other dogs with a little encouragement.
I went home and Skooter and I took a nap on the couch until 9:30am. He seemed to really enjoy napping with me.
Skooter let me know that he needed to go out by whining, so I let him out. He jumped the fence, but came back within 10 minutes. He seems to be enjoying our quiet time. He is on the couch napping still.
I watched Moped on K-9 Connect (a web cam at the DDC). He seems to be doing just fine on the Varsity Field, where the majority of the dogs are. More timid dogs go on the Junior Varsity Field. There are just a handful of those dogs.
While Moped was gone I did some training with Skooter:
* Gotcha
* Gotcha with sit
* Sit (all directions, differnt rooms)
* Charged the clicker (went to different places in the house, sat down, stood up, so he wouldn't get superstitious.
* Trained with the clicker on 'kennel'. That was real slow. Not much progress but him looking at the kennel (then I clicked).
We took Skooter for the ride to pick up Moped. Moped ate a tuna melt for lunch today and really enjoyed it. He picked the cheese off first then ate the tuna. When we were leaving DDC, Moped automatically sat down at the door to go out. I was thrilled! How awesome was that.
The ride home was chaotic. Moped kept trying to get in the front seat. When we got home, Moped went right into his kennel and took a nap.
For dinner tonight they had a cooked cheeseburger in their Kongs. I didn't feed them until they became more active after their naps. Skooter started whining and Moped woke up so I fed them the cheeseburgers in the Kongs. They loved them.
They slept after they ate. When they got up they wanted to go outside. They sat before being let out of their kennels and also sat at the door before going out. Skooter sat before coming in. Moped wouldn't sit. I tried for over 10 minutes and then gave in (not a good idea). I let Moped run around inside for a few minutes, then put him in his kennel with treats.
Skooter went out again and jumped the fence. Moped whined and scratched because Skooter was out and he wasn't.
The highlight of the day was Moped automatically sitting down in front of the door at DDC. I was so impressed. Our training is paying off! Yahoo!

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger