Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Tuesday, February 27, 2007

I miss Skooter

I miss him tremendously. I don't find myself missing Moped as much as I miss Skoots. He is my baby. I miss his sweet, sweet face. I miss his goofy smile. And I miss his eyes. I feel empty inside without him, but I know I've done the right thing because he needs a family that can give him more activity. I could cry right now because I am so sad. He didn't do anything wrong, I did. I chose the wrong breed for my lifestyle. I keep thinking that I should have tried harder, given it more of an effort. Couldn't I have figured out something so it could have worked out? I think I did everything I could do. I am who I am and a GSP doesn't fit into my lifestyle. I have to really think about a new dog because the care and training of it will fall to me. I can't expect David to take on too much responsibility because he works a full time job.

Why couldn't I make it work? I know that Skooter misses me. I want him to be adopted quickly. If he isn't, I'll feel really bad. Someone has got to want him and someone has got to want Moped. Oh gosh, I miss them. They completed my life. They were my life. I wish I could have given them what they needed in order for them to stay with us. But I tried. I put in more time, effort and money than most people would just for dogs.

There are so many things to think about that we didn't think about with Skooter. Will the dog jive with our lifestyle? Will the dog be happy being inside most of the time? Will the dog get along with the cats? Will the dog be as handsome as my Skooter? Will the dog be intelligent and be able to learn obedience and possibly agility? And then there's what I didn't do that I should have with Skooter. I didn't socialize him very well. I didn't train him from the time he was a puppy. I didn't socialize him with the cats. I didn't get him used to being on a leash. There were so many things that I didn't do or that I did wrong. I blame myself for all this happening. I should have known better than to get another dog when I wasn't even able to handle the one I had. It was a very bad idea.

I'm not trying to get on myself, I'm just trying to be realistic. I need to be aware of what I did or didn't do that caused us to make such poor decisions. I don't want it to happen again.

But back to Skooter. I miss him. I am afraid that he is lonely or sad. I don't know if he feels that way but I worry that he does. He may be happy as a clam being around other dogs and being outside so much of the day. I'd love to see him just one more time. And then just one more time after that. And so on. I want him back but I know it's not the best thing for him, living with us. I am sad for me. I am happy for him. I love him enough to make this kind of decision. I miss Skooter.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger