Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Tuesday, February 6, 2007

All quiet on the western front...

I got up to let the dogs out. Moped came bolting out of his kennel and grabbed something off the end table. I was able to get it back when he sat to go out the door. Skooter went to the door after walking around a bit and sat before going out (they don't get to go out unless they sit at the door first, same goes for coming in, going on tie down, being taken off tie down, before eating, when entering or exiting their kennels).
Moped came back to the door after going to the bathroom. When he was let in he bolted around, grabbed something off the end table and wanted to play keep away. I got treats and was able to get him into his kennel, where he had more treats waiting. I got what he stole at that point.
Skooter jumped the fence once again. When he came back, he sat before coming in. Once he was in he ran for the couch to avoid going into his kennel. I could not get him into his kennel, even with treats. He would come over to check out the treat and then head back to the couch. He lied down on the couch for quite a while. I will try again, with treats, to get him into his kennel.
I was finally able to get Skooter into his kennel using a 'trail of treats' while telling him to sit or go flat. He went into the kennel with some praise and some guidance.
7am Moped let me know that he needed to go out by whining in his kennel. I let Skooter out first. I put chew toys in front of Moped's kennel so when he came out he would have something to grab (why didn't I think of this before!). He grabbed his big green and white bone. Both sat before going out. I didn't get them to sit before coming in. Moped ran around when he came in and tried to grab inappropriate objects but I redirected him to his toys. He responded to the redirection.
7:30am Moped and Skooter started play fighting and it got out of hand (too intense, bared teeth and all) so I put them both on tie down. Moped pulled his collar off once again. They are very smart dogs. I put Moped in his kennel with chew toys. Skooter would not go in his kennel. He wanted to go out, but I could tell it was just to chase rabbits, so I didn't let him out. Moped started whining in his kennel. I ignored him. Once he quieted down, I told him 'good quiet'. Skooter was barking and growling at something outside. Moped whined a bit more.
I made them each a stuffed Kong. Skooter went into his kennel to get it. Both were quiet and enjoyed thier Kongs.
I've ordered 4 more XL Kongs, 1 Kong treat bone, 2 twist-n-treats, 2 never ending treat balls, 2 safety straps for the jeeps, 2 lbs of oinker roll (treat) and a seat cover for the back of my jeep. All those new toys are in addition to the 25+ toys/project toys/chews that they already have.
10:15am Dropped Moped off at DDC. He was excited to be there but hesitant to go in the room with the dogs. He went in and did just fine.
Before picking up Moped I stopped at home and dropped off groceries. I let Skooter come in and out with me off leash. He did really well. He enjoyed going out and coming in with me. He also enjoyed peeking into the shopping bags :-)
1:35pm Picked up Moped after running errands. When I got there, he was in the Varsity Field room running around with the other dogs. They said he did really well. He had a turkey sandwich for lunch.
2:45 pm I let Moped run around a bit and get a drink of water. Then he went in his kennel with a treat. They both napped.
3:30 pm Misty called. We'll meet on Monday. She asked me to leave a bowl of treats out on the porch. I told her that Moped did well at DDC. She seemed genuinely happy about that. I may need to schedule more appointments for home training.
4:30pm Modped was let out of his kennel. He was much calmer than usual. I think DDC tired him out and will help with calming him down at home.
7:15 pm Fed Moped and Skooter canned salmon for dinner. They loved it. They also had a raw meat bone for dessert.
I put Moped on tie down after he came in. He was much calmer. He didn't try to get out of the tie down for over five minutes. That's a long time for him. Then he tried to get out of his collar, so I put him in his kennel. He whined and scratched because Skooter was not in his own kennel. David played with Skooter for a few minutees (working on play and childproofing).
I got Skooter in his kennel using Boston Cream Pie yogurt. Both had a meat bone to chew on for the night.
I let Skooter out later and he jumped the fence. When he came back, I made him sit before coming in. I got him back in his kennel using pepperoni.
10pm All quiet on the western front...

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger