Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Friday, February 9, 2007

Stinky Dinner

The boys had canned mackerel and cottage cheese for dinner tonight. They both liked the fish. Skooter didn't like the cottage cheese so I gave it to Moped again. I kenneled them while David ate. They are out now and off tie down still. They are playing with their Everlasting Treat Balls. They love them. I'm so glad I found them online.
David thinks that part of Moped's behavior change is because he was neutered. That very well could be. I still think DDC has something to do with it too. Whatever it is, we're happy with the turnaround.
Skooter is trying to steal Moped's treat again. They are play fighting over it (tails are wagging). Moped is chirping like a Wookie.
We have training classes for them both tomorrow and I feel like I haven't done nearly enough with either of them this week. But we've made progress in other areas so I'm not distressed. I'll just take what we learn in class and go at the pace that the dogs need. If they take a little longer, that's okay. As long as there is progress.
I have to get treats ready tonight too. I don't know that I'll bring five different kinds because they are getting finicky when it comes to snacks.
I think that after Moped's class we'll put him in DDC until after Skooter's class in the afternoon. That way he won't be home all alone.
I really can't believe that Moped has been off tie down all day today. It is totally amazing.
I'm sure this blog is probably boring to the majority of people, but it's a good way to chart progress with the dogs. And it makes me think about what I'm doing with them. I definitely need to practice with them more during the week. I can see that I don't do enough of that. I'll start blogging their practices too.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger