Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Monday, February 26, 2007

They were my world

It's amazing just how much the dogs were a part of my every day life. Everything I do makes me think of them. Everything revolved around them - letting them out of the kennel, letting them outside, letting them play inside, putting them back in their kennels, and listening to all the sounds they made (including snoring!). Every minute of my day had something to do with the dogs. I found that I have so much time in the day now that they are gone. I got so much done today. I'm almost caught up on laundry, the dishes are caught up and the house looks clean. It's amazing just how much time I put into my dogs.

Someday I think I will need to get another dog, but it will be hard to replace a GSP. What I'd want is a dog that I can take for walks, one that would take naps with me and a dog that would be calm in the house. I'd also like a dog that would excel in obedience and agility. I'll definitely get counseling before getting another dog (if I ever do). Right now the wound is still too fresh from adopting them out.

I feel so much better after getting Kris' email letting us know that the dogs are doing okay. I can relax a bit now that I know that they are getting along with the other dogs and sleeping okay at night.

Tomorrow I'm going to go to All Breed and bring them the food and other stuff that I have left over from the dogs. They said they would appreciate the donations for the rescue dogs that they have at the facility. I'm glad that I can help them out. It will be bittersweet going there without the dogs. I hope I don't cry while I'm there.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger