Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Saturday, February 10, 2007

Skooter goes to school...

Skooter had his training session this afternoon. He was very distracted. He did most of the behaviors, but not consistently. I'm going to go back to the beginning and teach him one behavior at a time and make sure he gets it before going on to the next behavior. I need to spend more cconcentrated time with each of them.

We decided to leave Moped at DDC for the afternoon. We'll pick him up around 5:30 pm. I was watching him on the web cam. He looks like he's having fun and expending a lot of energy. My life has gone to the dogs :-) .

Skooter layed down most of the way home. He's chewing on a meat bone right now. He's probably hungry because all he has eaten today is treats and the meat bone. I'll feed them when Moped gets home.

I'll look at the homework assignments and see where I need to start with Skooter. I'm sure the first thing is 'sit'. I need to get him to 'sit' consistently, in all situations. I haven't worked on that enough. I haven't worked on anything enough because there are too many things to try to remember. There's the stuff from the Behavior Evaluation, the two counseling sessions, the door program and training classes. That's a lot. Even though we've worked on wait at home, Skooter couldn't really do it in class today. I need to focus him in on what we are doing instead of doing 20 different things all at the same time.

He's rolling around on the floor right now. He seems content, but I think he misses his brother.

Moped is still running around at DDC. We'll leave in about 45 minutes to pick him up. I miss him.

Skooter is chewing on his toe nails. He bites his nails - ha! He's playing with my blanket and hiding under it. He's such a goof. Now he's chewing on his meat bone again. I swear he has ADD!

Both dogs have had their collars on for days now and haven't chewed them off. That's amazing for both of them. Moped is even wearing his at DDC.

More later.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger