Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Up again at 6:30am

Moped woke me up, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

Skooter is venturing out into the yard now even though he is on tie out.

I gave them thier breakfast but Skooter wouldn't go into his kennel to eat. After five minutes I took the meal away. Moped went right into his kennel to eat. I'm going to start hand-feeding them again even though we are doing the raw meat diet. I'll get what I need today to start doing that tonight (to practice safe raw meat handling).

They are out of their kennels right now playing their version of street fighter for dogs. It's fun to watch them play. Skooter grabs Moped by the throat though and sometimes that scares me. I usually call Skooter off of him because he does it for so long.

I feel trapped. Once they are up and out of their kennels and off tie down, I have to watch them every minute so they don't chew something up or get to the cat food. The only time I feel like I can be free, is when they are in their kennels. Even when they are outside I feel like I need to keep an eye on them since Skooter is on the tie out (I don't want him hanging himself). And inside I need to make sure that the playing doesn't escalate into fighting. It never has, but I've always intervened when it looked too rough. I just had to do that now.

Skooter is laying on the floor. Moped was in the computer room, now he's in the bedroom and the hallway. Now Skooter is on the couch. Moped is in the laundry room. Thhis is what it's like all day for me. Just keeping an eye on them.

Moped came sliding into the living room and grabbed Purple Pete, but he lost interest right away. I need to make project toys for them and I've been forgetting to do that. They would stay busy with project toys.

Now it is quiet. Peaceful. This is the way I wish it was the majority of the time.

Well, I might as well start my day since it doesn't look like I'll be getting back to bed.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger