Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Sunday, February 4, 2007

Comings and Goings

2:00 am I let the dogs out and Skooter jumped the fence. He came back quickly.
6:30 am : Skooter jumped the fence to chase rabbits or a cat. I had to wait for him to come home before I could go back to bed. He came back 25 minutes later.
I realize that he will not come when called the majority of the time. I know he can see me and hear me, but he just ignores me, shifts his eyes to the side, sits down or lies down.
Moped went right for the end table when going out and coming in. Moped stayed in the yard and kenneled with a trade for the remote control (cheese).
Both of them will now sit in their kennel before getting out and also sit at the door before being let out. Skooter sits to come in. Moped is obstinate and will not sit before being let in.
Skooter jumps on the couch as soon as he comes in (to avoid going in his kennel). When Moped comes in he steals the remote and runs around with it in his mouth. I ignore him. I put cheese on the floor leading to his kennel and a piece inside his kennel. I got him off the couch using his name just once and then using sounds. I put him on tie down.
He didn't kennel for the first set of treats. I used a second set on the floor to the kenneland in the kennel. He finally went in for the treats.
I feel like I spend my entire day taking care of the dogs. It's a bit daunting at times. I'd like to be able to get things done around the house without the dogs having to be in their kennels or on tie down. But that's not where we are at right now so I have to adjust to the situation. Some days I feel like I have had enough and just can't do this anymore. It's so time intensive. But I love my 'boys' and wouldn't trade them for anything in the world. I know it will work out and with age things will improve. I plan on keeping them in classes for as long as I can.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger