Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Saturday, February 17, 2007

Ignore, ignore, ignore

Moped woke me up by scratching on his kennel.

It's a bit past 5am and I'm ignoring an unwanted behavior with Moped. He grabbed a plastic bottle off of the end table and is running around with it 'asking' someone to chase him. Well, I'm not playing this game at all and neither is Skooter. Hopefully he'll begin to see that this is boring and stop doing it.

I decided to do an activity which Moped would enjoy more than playing with the bottle: eating breakfast. He put the bottle down and went flat and waited for his meal. I gave him half a can of canned salmon. He ate his right away. Skooter got his firest but did not touch it. Looks like he slept on the couch last night. That's okay by me. As long as he's not on the bed with me.

Moped is in his kennel whining, howling and scratching, which I plan to ignore. Once he's quieted down I'll tell him 'good quiet'. He's calmed down and quiet, so I told him 'good quiet' and 'bedtime'. He's still not making a peep.

I've taken Skooter's food away since he walked away from the meal. I'll try feeding it to him again tonight. He'll be hungry by the time class rolls around, so maybe he'll eat the treats I bring for a change (pepperoni, goldfish crackers and cheese). I'll try any treats at this point to get him to be more conistent with his behaviors in class.

Today all I'm going to bring are the folders and treats - no toys or project toys today. They either ignore the stuff or get distracted by it. They will do fine without toys. Oh, and I'll also bring the 20 foot lead. It said in the introcduction that we needed to start brining that at the fourth class and today is Skooter's 4th class. It will be Moped's third class.\

I'm debating about DDC for today. It might be good for Moped to be home alone for a couple of hours so he can get use to that scenario. And it would save us one more trip across town. I think DDC is off the table today.

I think it is awesome that Moped voluntarily gave up the plastic bottle and chose to come over and lie nicely waiting for his meal. I can't find the bottle though. :-)

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger