Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Monday, February 26, 2007

The quiet

It's so quiet in here. The cats are already enjoying coming out into the living room to bask in the sunlight. Even Tabby has ventured out.

I miss hearing Skooter and Moped's grunts, snoring, shifting around in the kennel. It brought a lot of life into this house. Life that is now gone.

I miss being able to rub Skooter's ears. He loved it when I would rub his ears between my fingers. His ears are so silky soft.

David called to ask me how to get rid of the wallpaper he has on his desktop because it's a picture of Moped and Skooter. It was making him sad to look at it. I'm comforted by looking at their pictures. David's also concerned about how Skooter is doing. He wants me to call down to Penrose to check on them, but I can't. I need to let them go.

The back sliding door has paw and nose prints all over it. I don't want to clean them off. And the rug has little bits of dog biscuits all over it from Skooter playing with his tug a jug. I don't want to vacuum them all up. I feel like if I do these things then I'm erasing my dogs. And I just can't stand the thought of that. Where their kennels sat is just a big empty space right now. I can't seem to fill it with anything yet.

I don't want to just sit around and mourn their loss. I want to revel in the memories I have of them. And I'll hear about them soon enough, once adoption applications start coming in for them. That's what's keeping me going right now, knowing that my journey with them isn't completely over yet.

The Dog Blog lives on because my love for them lives on.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger