Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Sunday, February 11, 2007

The training never stops

It's 12:50 am and training continues. Skooter woke me up with his whining, which meant that he needed to go out. Skooter had to sit in his kennel before I would let him out. Moped had to sit in his kennel before I would let him out. They both sat before being let out. Then they had to sit before going out the door. Both sat before being let out. Skooter sat immediately upon request, Moped stole the remote first then came over and sat at the sliding door. Moped came to the door first. He sat before coming back into the house. With a cheese treat he went into his kennel. Skooter had jumped the fence and didn't come back right away. When he did come back, he sat before coming back into the house. Both of them sat without issue.

Skooter jumped on the couch. I tried using a cheese and pepperoni treat to get him into his kennel, but it didn't work. He would approach the door, eat some of the treat and turn around and jump back on the couch. The second time he did it he ran for the bedroom and jumped on our bed. I tried to get him to get off the bed, but he wasn't having any of that. I left him on the bed and came out to make this entry. I don't know how I'm going to get him off of the bed. I may end up sleeping with him on the bed. It's 1am now and I'm tired and I just want to go to bed.

The training never stops, even in the middle of the night. Sitting before being let out and before being let back in is essential and required. The don't get that it's going to be paired with 'wait' and keep them from bolting out the door. But we're just working on 'sit' for now. I need to get them to sit consistently and in all situations. They are improving, but not quite there yet.

I'm going to email Ruth and tell her about the Dog Blog. I'm also going to suggest that she talk to Misty before she gets back to me on the private sessions and what direction to take from here.

Skooter is still in my bed. I really need to get him out. He can't win this battle. I'd be undermining all the training I've been doing if I let him sleep in the bed uninvited. I'll try again to get him to get off of the bed.

1:12 am: He won't budge. I tried calling him off the bed. I put the leash on him to see if that would prompt him to get off the bed and it didn't. I can't force him off the bed, so I don't know what to do.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger