Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Wednesday, February 21, 2007

I forgot to close the door

to our bedroom when I let the dogs back in from the 2am pee call. Now Skooter is in my bed and won't leave, even for 'oinker roll'. Now it will be a waiting game, a game I don't care to play at 2am.

I don't know if I woke them up or if they woke me up, but they sure did have to go to the bathroom.

I don't want to force him off the bed and using a lure didn't help. I'll try dropping the treats on the floor and see if he'll budge.

Nope, no budge. I will not go to bed with that dog sleeping next to me. He does not belong in my bed and he was not invited to get into my bed. A multitude of ideas is running through my mind.

Moped has started to scratch on his kennel. I told him 'bedtime' and he settled down. Now if I can just get Skooter into 'bedtime'.

Apparently I waited long enough. Skooter came out of the bedroom and went right into his kennel. I don't know if he heard me saying 'bedtime' or not. I waited him out, that's what's important and he's back in his kennel for the night.

We have got to get them sleeping in our bedroom. They won't see me as the pack leader until they are sleeping on the floor and I am sleeping in the bed.

It's almost 2:30am. I think I'll try to go back to bed (even though I'm kind of wound up). Maybe I can get a few more hours in sleeping.

Until next time.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger