Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Groundhog Day

The dogs woke me up around 3am again. I tried to ignore them, hoping Skooter would stop whining, but he didn't. Unfortunately that's the only way they have to tell me that they need to go out. I made them sit before getting out of their kennels. Moped went out to go to the bathroom; Skooter jumped the fence. I tried to put him on the makeshift tie out, but he just came back into the house, tie out and all. So I let him out to go to the bathroom. And he took off over the fence looking for rabbits. David's going to finish the tie out this afternoon if the weather is okay. It's freezing out right now.

Wait a second; didn't I just do this yesterday morning? My life is turning into Groundhog Day (the movie, not the rodent :-) !) It's just the same day every day right now. I need to do something besides take care of these dogs. They are going to get too dependent on me. Moped has got to got to Doggy Day Care this week. And if the weather is nice on Saturday, I'll put him in DDC again like we did last Saturday. He really enjoyed that, being in DDC instead of being home alone in his kennel.

For dinner last night Skooter had chicken again and Moped had tuna. I think Skooter would have eaten it if it were canned salmon or mackerel. He just doesn't like tuna. I do have to cut up the thighs for him before he will attempt to eat them. I just cut them into three big pieces instead of one giant piece that overfills his mouth.

I'm excited about the Raw Diet plan that Kristy sent to me. It seems much easier than what I've been looking at online. I can easily shop for a week with this menu. And preparation will be a breeze. I'll still use the veggie/raw burger slop that I made on Sunday, but I'll process it so it will be a patty instead. Maybe then the dogs will eat it better. Moped did eat some of his, but all Skooter wanted was the ground beef. And he picked all the pieces out. He was able to do that because I didn't much it up good enough. That's okay, I'll learn as I go along how to prepare food for them and how to do it in the easiest way possible.

Both dogs are back in the house now and in their kennels. It is peaceful and quiet right now. I should be in bed but I wanted to get this stuff down before I forgot it. ;-)

I thought about putting Skooter and Moped into Boarding School for one night just so I can get a full nights sleep. I'd hate to do it and then not be able to sleep through the night though. It's just a thought. I could check out PetSmart's doggie hotel too. It's a lot closer. But I don't know that the dogs get much activity at PetSmart like they do at DDC. That would be a big issue for me. I need them getting energy out, not storing it up.

Well, this Groundhog Day is almost over and I should be going back to bed, so I can get up and do the same thing tomorrow that I did today. Goodnight!

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger