Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Monday, February 12, 2007

Progress!

Neither Moped nor Skooter have been on tie down for days now! Amazing! They even just lay around sometimes. This was part of the goals that I set down when we began this process. I think it's a combination of things that has helped:

1. Doggy Day Care
2. Getting Moped neutered
3. Training
4. Age
5. having lots of toys/project toys/meaty bones/chews available to them at all times

Whatever the cause, I sure am happy with the result.

Obedience was my top goal and we're still working on that. They will 'sit' and 'flat' but not every time. We have not developed consistency yet. I think part of the problem is my training technique or lack thereof. There's something that I'm doing/not doing that is slowing down thier progress in learning new behaviors.

I've sent an email to their trainer to see if we can look at the situation.

I've also talked to the Door Program trainer about how things are progressing.

We basically are working on three behaviors right now:

1. sit
2. flat
3. wait

We also need to work on 'gotcha', but I need them to sit before I can do 'gotcha'.

They've moved ahead in class, but there's no sense in me asking the dogs to do more difficult behaviors when they still aren't consistent with the basic behaviors.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger