Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Saturday, March 31, 2007

Today's the day!

Well, today is the day that Skooter goes home with his new family. They will get back from vacation (Cancun? Cozumel?) and land in Colorado Springs. From there they will drive down to Penrose to pick up Skooter. Then they'll drive home to the suburbs of Denver. It'll be a long ride for Skooter but he does so well riding in the car. I don't know if they'll put him in his kennel for the ride home or not. He would do okay in the back seat. He would just sit there up against the back seat and eventually take a nap (sitting up!). He'll probably be a bit nervous at first but he'll come out of his shell quickly I would think. I bet their boys will just love him.

I wish I could tell Skooter that it wasn't anything that he did that landed him in the Rescue. I'd want him to know it's my inadequacy that led to him being surrendered. I just wish I could say to him 'Skooter, it's not your fault'. I don't want him to think that we left him because we don't love him. On the contrary, we brought him to the Rescue because we love him so much. We wanted a better life for Skooter and Moped. A life we just couldn't give them no matter how hard we tried. Our yard was not going to get any bigger and the fence wasn't going to get any taller (covenant restrictions). They just wouldn't get enough exercise here. But I still love them and miss them. Always will.

Moped I don't worry so much about. He's so happy wherever he is and with whomever he's with. He's just a happy go lucky dog. I know he is doing well in his new home. Skooter I do worry about because he is so sensitive. He's cautious about new places and new people. It'll take him a bit to get into the swing of life with the new family.

Even though Skooter's been gone for a month, today seems like the day that he is really leaving. I could pretend that I could go get him at any time down at the Rescue. But now that he belongs to someone else, there's no pretending any more. He has a new home. He has a new mom. Someone to love him like I do. He has a new home. And today he goes there.

I love Skooter to pieces. I miss him so much. I feel like I will never get over the loss of Skoots. My Skooter Pie. Maybe it will be like it was for Moped. Once I get the first update and know he's doing okay I'll be able to let go. But when it comes to Skooter, maybe not. I might hold on to him forever. At least that's the way it feels.

We're thinking of going up to the mountain home today. It will be a sad ride without Skooter to keep us company. I know I will look in the back seat for him. And he won't be there because today is the day.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger