Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Sunday, March 25, 2007

Moped's new home

Kris called me back. Moped is going to a family up in Castle Rock. They are a young couple, the mom stays at home with their four year old little girl. They have a big house (new construction) and a yard that will have a six foot cedar fence (the wood's there it just needs to be built). Moped did great with their little girl. She gave him treats and he took them gently. They took him for a walk around the block and when they came back they said that Moped was the dog for them! He'll have an awesome home with people who understand high energy dogs (they use to have Rhodesian Ridgebacks). It will be a good, safe home. He will be loved. I'm sure they are having a great time driving home with him. I wonder if they will keep his name. It'll be sad if he's not Moped any more. But as long as he is loved, that's the important thing.

Kris said today will be a test for Skooter - his first day without Moped around. They sleep together at night so Skooter will sleep alone tonight. He'll probably love that. I think Skooter will do okay without Moped. Moped picks on him a lot and Skooter gets fed up with that.

Yesterday, after the rain stopped, Kris let the dogs out. They were anxious to get out. They ran laps around the yard and then settled down a bit. Then they discovered a small mud puddle. Well, that was it for Moped. He was covered head to tail in mud. Kris said he was like a little boy finding his first mud puddle. He would stick his whole face in the puddle to pull out toys. What a bozo.

I was wondering if he still makes his wookie sounds. I hope he does. All the trilling and chirping. I love his sounds. I know that his new family will love the sounds he makes, especially the little girl.

I'm so happy for Moped. I'm glad he's getting a good home. I'm sad that he is off to a new home and I might not know anything about him again, but I can live with that knowing I've done the right thing.

Goodbye, Moped. I will always love you, think of you and miss you. Be happy. Love, your mom.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger