Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Friday, March 16, 2007

I love them enough to have given them up

Today, Kris could be meeting Skooter's new owners and tomorrow Moped might be headed home with his new owners. It's all happening so fast. It's what I want for them, to find a forever home, but it's hard nonetheless. I wonder if they'll really be better off with their new families? I wonder if it will work out for Skooter and Moped? I want them to adjust to their new homes quickly. I want them to be happy. I want them to be in better homes than I could have provided for them. They need to be free, out of their kennels. They need lots of exercise. I think I'll ask Kris if she'll send me a couple of pictures of them before they leave the Rescue. I wonder if the new families will contact me? I pray that they do. I'd like to ask them if they could keep me in the loop on the dogs every six months or so. Maybe a quick email and a picture. I did not give these dogs up willingly. I gave them up because it was the best thing for them. I don't want to let go. Not just yet. It still hurts too much. I will always miss them and wonder what they are up to. I want these families to be as committed to Skooter and Moped as I was, willing to put in all the time, effort and money it would take to make that happen.

I wonder if Skooter goes on the home visit today or if it's just Kris? I wonder if she wants to see how Skooter will react to his new people and his new surroundings? And it would give the family a chance to meet Skooter and see how beautiful he is. I'm sure he'll be shy at first, but he'll warm up quickly. I'd like to know how the home visit went if Skooter got to go.

And Moped, he could be in his new home tomorrow. I wonder how Moped will behave with the new people? He gets so excited about everything. He's love the kids. I hope he is ready to show them that he is a good dog and would be a good choice for adoption. How can they not love Moped once they see how beautiful he is? If they want a playful, happy-go-lucky dog, then Moped is their boy!

This is all so scary. Being without them, having them go to new homes is difficult. But it could be made easier if the new families choose to contact me. But I will understand if they feel the need to have me let go of the dog completely. I hope for an open adoption. But if not, I hope they appreciate thier pictures and their videos. I hope they are okay with the letters I wrote about each dog's history. I want them to know how much I love them - enough to give them up! It takes a lot of love to let go. But I can do it knowing that it's what is best for Skooter and Moped.

I hope they'll keep the dog's names. I know sometimes people change the dogs name, but I truly hope that they will keep thier names. They ARE Skooter and Moped! It's difficult because so much is out of my hands now.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger