Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Shower time

It's the middle of the night once again and I'm up for no particular reason. I was remembering that Moped had started jumping into the tub in the guest bathroom. He'd get behind the curtain and play around in there for a minute or so. Then he'd battle his way out through the shower curtain. Invariabley there would be something in his mouth: soap, shampoo, or something. I'd have to chase him down or have him come to me to get the offending item. It was fun watching him jump in the shower. He's such a puppy, so full of energy and exploration. He is a very curious dog, in both meanings of the word. He loves to check everything out and he's somewhat eccentric. What is cool about Moped is how quickly he learns new behaviors. Once I taught him that he had to sit at the door before being let out, he'd park his little butt in front of that door almost every time without being told to. And it wasn't just a quick sit. He would drop that butt on the floor purposefully and wait. But I could tell that he was jump itching to jump out the door. He would even whine his frustration at me taking so long to open the sliding door. But he sat the whole time, protesting or not. He is such a good boy. I miss Puddin' Pop.

I wrote a letter to Brad to let him know that we had given the dogs up for adoption. That was a difficult letter to write. Brad was with us when we picked out Skooter and he lived with us when we had both Skooter and Moped. He loved the dogs. I know it will make him sad that we surrendered them.

I wish I could see them one more time. I'd love to get more pictures and videos of them. But seeing me would just confuse them and I can't let that happen. I'll have to live with my regrets.

They both must be having a ball getting to go to PetCo with Kris' daughter. Whether they are being a demo dog in an obedience class or shopping, I know they are happy just being out and getting to expend some energy.

Gosh, I miss them. I know I've done the best thing for them, but it doesn't stop me from missing them. It just makes me love them even more. I think about them every day and wonder what they are up to. If it's sunny out, like it's been, I know that Skooter is laying in the sun, catching rays. He's such a sensitive dog. He wears his feelings on his sleeve. Especially when he's Midder Wiggles. His little butt would start shaking then it wasn't too long before the rest of him came along and started wiggling too. He'd smile and air bite. He would be so happy and excited and you knew it too! I can picture him wiggling as he sat there, waiting so impatiently for attention. He always got the attention he wanted, but I have to admit sometimes I'd let him wiggle a second or two longer that a needed to just because it was so much fun to watch him to it. And I don't think he minded having to wait. He was just thrilled about whatever it was that started the wiggle in the first place. I miss Midder Wiggles.

I wonder if they miss me at all or think about me. I wish I could tell them that I didn't abandoned them, that I am doing what I think is best for them. I'd want them to know that their happiness is a priority for me. I wouldn't want them to be sad at all. I want them to be happy no matter where they are or where they end up. I just hope I can stay in contact with them, at least once a year, to find out how they are doing. I hope their new owners are understanding. I won't ever stop thinking of them or wondering about them. It's like right now, I know that they are okay, but I'd love to get an email telling me the same. I know that no news is good news, but I'd love to have the good news anyway.

I'm so glad that they get to be out of their kennels all day. They must love playing with the other dogs and just being outside. Especially in this beautiful weather we are having. Moped probably plays all day long, without stopping! Skooter on the other hand likes to take a break more often than not. He's my lazy bird dog.

I hope the day doesn't come that I don't have anything to say in the Dog Blog. I hope I can think of memory after memory of them. And I hope to bring new memories to the Blog once I find out what they are up to once they are adopted.

I hope that the new owners will want to talk to me to find out about Midder Wiggles and Puddin' Pop. I want to be able to tell them all about their new, best friend. I hope they will read the Dog Blog so they can see how much they are loved and missed. I didn't give them up easily. I still struggle with going down there to bring them back home. But I know that they would not be happy in this little yard or being in the house most of the time, which means being in thier kennels a lot. No, I choose the freedom they have now. I choose a better life for them. And it's all because I love them so much. More than anyone can imagine.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger