Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Dogs everywhere

It seems that now that I don't have the dogs anymore, I see dogs everywhere. I see them on the streets, in tv commercials and shows, in cars and in movies. It's like everyone has a dog but me. :-( I'm just always going to miss them and will feel bad if I ever get another dog. If I can't have them, I shouldn't have a dog at all. I think about how some day we might be able to get a house with a much bigger yard out east maybe. And I think about having GSP's. But I want MY GSP's back. I don't want other GSP's. I'm crying right now and I don't really even know why. I guess I just miss them. When I came home today from being out, I wanted them to be here. I know they aren't here, but I needed them to be here for me. Coming in that door and not having them here to be thrilled that I'm home, is very difficult. I don't know why I'm so upset right now. Maybe the reality of Skooter going to another family is setting in. I don't own him anymore, that family has already adopted him. I ache for him. It hurts that he's not here. David says that we can go and get Moped if I want, but it's Skooter that I'm missing. I couldn't get one and not the other anyway. And I don't think that Kris would let us have him back. We're not an appropriate family for them. I really miss having my dogs. :-(

I feel like I resent the cats because they are so happy and content without the dogs. I love my cats and they bring me great joy and they are getting me through this difficult time, but I also resent them. Having cats is okay but it's nothing like having a dog. They just don't need as much as a dog does. They are more independent and don't need me as much as Skooter and Moped did.

I've lost so much over the last year and a half and to have the loss continue with the adoption of the dogs is almost too much to bear. Losing them is the worst loss of all.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger