Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Rainy days

I think it has been easier for me because I can picture the place where Skooter is. I've been there. I don't have to imagine it. But now I have to imagine where Moped is and soon I will have to do the same with Skooter. There is something about knowing where they are that is comforting.

I am feeling less connected to them. I don't cry immediately when I look at their pictures. I just feel a sadness, an emptiness that I can't quite describe. I do not feel the devastation that I felt just days ago. Maybe it's where I am in the grief process. Maybe it is just that I am on overload and I'm compensating somehow. I don't know.

I received another PM from Julia. I'll post it later today. I so enjoy hearing the stories about her dogs. It brings a smile to my face. That's what I will miss most about not having the dogs - people sharing their dog stories with me. So I am grateful for Julia.

I'm still waking up at 2 - 3 am. I wish I could sleep through the night, but it is such an ingrained habit to get up for them. I do miss my middle of the night time with Skooter and Moped. It was a special time. It felt good to get up and let them out of their kennels for a bit. I wonder if they are sleeping through the night okay without each other.

I still worry about them when it rains. I don't want them to be stuck outside in the rain. I want them to be safe and warm, always.

I wonder how Moped is doing in his new home. Is he adjusting okay to being the only dog? He's so social and I worry that he'll have a rough time being without other dogs. I just can't picture him being settled down yet. Maybe he is better than he was with me. He is a month older now. That can make a huge difference in behavior. I just don't want the new family to regret picking him.

I hope I'm making sense here in the middle of the night. I didn't have to be all there for the dogs. They just loved me being there at all. Unconditional love. What a wonderful feeling. It's a feeling you can only get from your dog.

I'm going to try to go back to bed, just like I would if the dogs were here. I'll try to find some comfort in knowing that they are both spoken for. I think when Skooter 'goes home' this weekend, I will have a difficult time. He is my boy and I will miss him most of all. Mister Wiggles. My Skooty Skoot. Yes, it will be hard to let him go for good. I guess I will always wonder about them. Especially on rainy days.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger