Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Wednesday, March 14, 2007

I need to be reminded

I had to ask David to remind me why we can't have a dog like Skooter or Moped. I needed him to do that because I'm really missing Skooter and want him back. I think about dogs that get lost and go hundreds or thousands of miles to find their families. Some dogs do remember. I don't want Skooter or Moped to remember. I want them to be happy with their new lives. And there are good reasons that we gave them up: Skooter jumps the fence and has to be tied out, the yard is too small anyway, we can't give them enough physical exercise, we can't give them enough mental exercise and they cause me too much stress. These are very valid reasons to have given them up for adoption. In my mind I know I've done the right thing, but in my heart I am still sad. Thinking of Skooter doing his Midder Wiggles is what usually sets me off. I just want to see him be happy again. I know that he's happy down at the Rescue because Kris says he smiles a lot. That's good to know.

David just asked me if getting a small dog would help at all. I really don't know. It would be nice to have a dog that I could walk and that could comfortably sit in my lap (Skooter sat in my lap, but it wasn't too comfortable :-) ). I just don't know if getting a dog is a good idea. I'm afraid that I'll get a dog then have to give it up again. I'd feel horrible if that happened. I'd be embarrassed too. But having a puppy would make me happy. What king of dog would be good for us though? I don't know that I'd want a purebreed again. Maybe a dog from the Humane Society would work. I don't know what to think. I need to have a dog. Having cats just isn't enough for me. I need someone who really is happy when I get home.

We'll have to think about it. Think very seriously.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger