Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Friday, March 23, 2007

Having a hard time

I'm having a real hard time tonight. I want to call or email Kris to find out how the dogs are doing, but what's the point. It's not like they are doing a whole lot down there. The biggest deal for them is going to PetCo. I'm sure there's no real news today. Next weekend will be different. Skooter will be going to his new home on Saturday. At least I can get updates on Skooter if I want, but after next weekend, who knows. It's so hard not knowing whether the new owners will get in touch with me or not. I can understand if they don't, wanting to start new with Skooter, but I hope they read my letter and watch the videos. I want them to know how much I love him, that I didn't give him up willingly. Does he miss me? I keep thinking of Julia's story and know I've done the right thing, but it doesn't stop me from missing them.

I'm still seeing dogs everywhere. I can't believe how many commercials and shows have dogs on them. Even CNN.com had a story about a three month old dog that was a stow away on a cargo ship for six days. He was okay, just dehydrated. I'm sure lots of people will want to adopt him. He is very cute.

I got an email today from someone selling Mini Aussie pups. I wasn't even tempted. I sent them a thanks, but no thanks email. All I think about are GSP's. I want to get two of them some day and name them Harley and Vespa. I want to have them only if we have a different home, one with a huge fenced yard. I feel bad thinking about other dogs when my current dogs aren't even in their new homes yet, but I need to know that I'll have GSP's again one day. If I thought I'd never have one again, I think I would go crazy.

I know there are other people out there who feel like I do, who love their dogs like they are their children, who would be devastated with their loss. Misery loves company.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger