Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Friday, March 23, 2007

Pheasant dummy


I'm still coming across things in the house that belong to Skooter and Moped. I thought I had brought everything they owned down to the Rescue, but I hadn't. Today it was something as simple as going in a closet to get a broom and finding Skooter's pheasant dummy (it's a canvas covered roll that is doused with pheasant scent; it's used to teach the dog's how to hunt pheasants and retrieve them). It catches me off guard each time I find something. The other day I found Skooter's 'Spoiled Rotten' rug that I put his bowls on. It just stops me dead in my tracks to come across this stuff. I remember being in Kansas City at a pet store and buying the rug just for Skooter. I was so thrilled to find it. I also bought a magnetic note pad that has GSP's on it. It's still hanging on the fridge. I think I will always find something around that reminds me of them. They were such ann integral part of my life. I still have Skooter's tie out up. I haven't been able to take it down yet. The back yard was theirs, so it's hard to go out into the back yard. I can see them running around chasing each other or sunning on the deck. Sometimes I really want to be able to move out of this house so I can start over without memories of them all around. One day we will move to a place where we can have GSP's again. I don't want any other kind of dog. I'm hooked on GSP's. It'll be a while before we move though, so no dogs until then. I wonder what I'll run across next...

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger