Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Working on things with Bayou

Today I'm starting over on potty training. She will either be in her pen (the majority of the time) or her crate but not running around the house free. She's having too many accidents in the house. I'm taking her out every half hour or after she wakes up. She's been whining while in her pen but I just ignore her and eventually she goes to sleep. I fed her in her crate using the Tornado puzzle and she loved it. She really is smart and can figure it out. It's fun for her to find her food instead of it just being in a bowl. I've been using treats to reward her for not eating poop and for going potty outside. So far, so good. I need to get a treat bag though. Right now I'm just putting the kibble in my pocket. It doesn't work as well as a treat bag but we're getting along doing it that way for today. I'll probably go out when David gets home and look for a treat bag. I want one that has a hinge so it either stays open or stays closed. The one with the pull string on it isn't very good. Treats fall out of it easily. I've already checked Petsmart and they didn't have one so I'll check Petco and Mike's Natural Pet Food store. Maybe I'll call and see if they have them first. If not there is one on Amazon I can order with my AGC's that I got from doing Swagbucks.

I'll be cleaning the yard later today when David is home to watch Bayou. I saw quite a bit that I missed the other day and of course, she's been out there since then going potty. The less she has to tempt her the better.

I'm going to take the blanket and towel out of her pen and wash them. I'll check her beds too to see if they n eed to be washed. I'd like to be able to wash them once a week but for now it will probably be a daily thing. She's not having accidents in her crate or pen so that's a good thing. Taking her out every half hour helps avoid that happening. I'm thinking of putting her crate in her pen to see if she will go in there on her own. She still isn't thrilled with the crate. I'll have to put treats in there to get her in and also feed her in there like I did this morning.

Bayou is sleeping right now so she didn't go out at 10am. I'll take her out as soon as she wakes up. I have to get her on a schedule so that the accidents in the house are few and far between. I guess while she is napping I will try to nap too. Later.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger