Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Ugh!

I was out getting dinner and putting gas in the car so David could take it to school tonight. I thought he wasn't leaving until 4:30pm. When I got home at 4:25pm his Jeep was gone. I expected to find Bayou in her crate but instead she was in her pen. She had pooped on the rug (so much for putting the blanket in there to make cleaning easier) and tore a hole in the rug. ~sigh~ The poop is cleaned up, I've moved her pen to the other side of the room and I still need to vacuum up the carpet that was torn out. I definitely need to get the carpet cleaner now. I don't know if I will get it tonight or wait until tomorrow. I should have told David that if he left Bayou alone that she needed to be in her kennel, with a treat to keep her busy and not free in her pen (especially since she can now climb out). None of it was Bayou's fault. It was just mis-communication on the human's parts. Could have been worse, she could have climbed out of her pen. I think you dug up the carpet because it was wet (she dumped her water bowl out) and she was probably thirsty, We are going to replace the carpet anyway so it's not a great big deal. Now we have a hole in the carpet in the master bedroom and the dining room thanks to Harley and Bayou.

I just took her out and she pooped again! She's looking for treats in her Tornado puzzle. She likes that toy. I think she is finally settling down a bit from her little freak out when David left and I wasn't here. I'm keeping her in the pen and not letting her run loose. She's not thrilled to be in the pen all the time but until I can trust her with potty training, she's going to be a penned up pup. She finished with the Tornado is is on her bed. I hope she sleeps for a little while.

I have to admit that when I first came home to all this (poop on the carpet, rug tore up, Bayou in her pen instead of her crate) I got pretty frustrated but I feel just fine now. She's not doing anything that we're not letting her do. Yes, I could be all upset, but really, what good would that do? I'm just so thrilled to have Bayou that things like this aren't going to get me down. She's sleeping now. Ah...

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger