Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Monday, February 14, 2011

Has this really only been 1 day?

The morning was a bit rough. Bayou threw up all of her food. It looked undigested. Of course she did it on the carpet that was about 3 feet from the vinyl floor. Oh well. I felt bad for my poor little Bayou. I think the Blue Puppy food I'm giving her doesn't agree with her tummy. So we took it easy most of the day since she was not feeling 100%. In the late afternoon she was asleep in her pen and that gave me time to take my shower. I let her out to play once I was done getting dressed. She was enjoying play time. When David got home she was very excited and went to greet him at the laundry room door. She had rested enough during the day and suddenly had a ton of energy. She was full of piss and vinegar. I left her with David and I went over to Petsmart. I bought some more Bitter Apple, small nail clippers, sensitive stomach food and an ID tag. There was a kiosk where the engraving was done my a laser. It's a small pink heart with her name on the front, our address and cell numbers on the back. When I first put it on her she was flopping around trying to get it in her mouth, which of course she couldn't. It looks cute on her.

UPS delivered the food puzzles (the Magic and the Tornado). I put just a few pieces of food in the puzzles to see if she liked them. She was able to figure them out pretty quick. She's a smart puppy. She really likes the puzzles and the plastic bones that cover the snack sections. She was playing with everything. I'm glad I got such a good deal on them and ordered them.

She had a ton of energy tonight and I let her play it off. She whined and barked when I first put her in her crate but she settled down fairly quickly.I'm sure she'll get me up not long after midnight. I was doing some reading tonight on crate training and potty training. I think I'll follow these new suggestions since things haven't been going as well as I wished they would. The majority of the time she pees multiple times while out in the yard. It's just a dribble each time after the first time where she seems to empty out a lot. Even though I cleaned up the yard, Bayou is finding every single piece of poop that I missed and is trying to eat it. I'm constantly saying "leave it" while we are outside. I keep her on the leash so I can kind of tug on her to let her know that I mean business. I think however that I will start using treats to get her attention, a positive reinforcement vs. a negative one. Anyway, the peeing thing has become an issue because she'll pee outside multiple times and I bring her in and think she's good for at least 30 minutes but all of a sudden she'll just stop what she's doing and pee just a couple of drops, sometimes more. She's very good about letting me know she needs to go out to poop but not so much for peeing. So, what I'm going to do is go back to the beginning and start over with potty training which will also involve crate training. I'll need to get us into a routine so that she knows what's what. We'll start tomorrow.

I'm getting tired so I think I'll stop for tonight. I'm looking forward to tomorrow and working on getting this right. Only 3 weeks until Puppy Class and I want her to be ready to socialize and learn. Goodnight all!

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger