Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Every half hour

I've been taking Bayou out every half hour except when she is sleeping. I bring treats with me to reward her for going to the bathroom outside. So far she only had one small accident at the door when we were getting ready to go out. I'm trying to let her walk to the door and go out but I may have to carry her out for a while longer so accidents like that don't happen. Thankfully she stopped when I said "Outside!" and only a few drops of pee went on the carpet. She's sleeping again now. I think she hasn't been getting all the sleep she needs because I've had her out of her pen too much. I'd love to hold her in my lap but she's going to be a much bigger dog soon and having her on our laps won't work. I'm not going to let David hold her on his lap either. I fed her lunch using the Magic puzzle and she got all the bones (caps) off right away and found her food. I went ahead and took out the towel and blanket and will wash them. I put in another blanket and her bed - no more towels. It will be much easier to clean blankets than to clean the rug. I did send an email out for an estimate for cleaning the carpet in the dining room, living room and hallway. I'd like to get them cleaned once the potty training phase is over. I'm still considering buying a carpet cleaner so I can keep up with accidents (including throwing up) as they happen. I don't know though if I should get an upright one or a spot lifter type. They have the carpet cleaners I'm considering at Target. The have a specific pet model though I'm not sure what's different about it. I'll have to do some research on that. I want to get the carpet cleaned though.

Second load of blankets and towels in the washer. I'll only have one more load of laundry after that then I'll be done for the day. I need to get the dishes in the dishwasher too. Because I've had Bayou out of her pen so much I haven't been getting to things like laundry and dishes every day. Now that I'm keeping her in her pen again I'll be able to get more done around the house. I do need to run some errands but I don't know if I want to leave her alone in her crate for about an hour. I know she'll do okay, she's done it before, but she's still young, 9 weeks now. I'd do the errands when David got home but he has school tonight. I'll have to think about how I want to do this. I'm sure I could get the errands done before he leaves for school at 4:30pm. Maybe I'll just run out this afternoon. I think Bayou will be okay in her crate. I want to go look at the carpet cleaners and buy one TODAY! I want to get the carpets cleaned now before stains set in. I can't wait until we can replace the whole carpet in the house. It looks so bad from 10 years of abuse and 6 dogs since 2007.

 I want to get a bigger bin for Bayou's toys. Maybe 2x the size that I have now, which is shoe box size. I'll look on Amazon first to see if they have something. A cute dog toy box would be nice. Okay, I'm going to call about the hinged treat bag before I go anywhere. I don't want to waste time just going from store to store. I'll research the carpet cleaners too so I can just go and get one instead of standing there comparing them. Off to make some calls.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger