Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Play time

Bayou and I have had a great day today. The weather is nicer so she's going outside more and we've been training and playing more today. I let her have the run of the living room and hallway today so we could play with her Chuck-it ball. She really enjoyed that. She got pretty rowdy at the end so I put her in her pen. She's there now sleeping. She was on her back with her belly sticking up but she heard me and sat up.






I can't believe how big she is getting. I'm glad I can tire her out with training and play though.

The only bad habit I can see that Bayou has is eating poop (coprophagia). I need to get the yard picked up but it's been so cold that I haven't done it yet. It's like a minefield out there. LOL I think the snow will be gone tomorrow so I'll be able to clean it then. That will help with her bad habit I'm sure.

David just got home and Bayou is happy to see him. We make her sit before we pick her up and she does it the majority of the time on the first request. That's without distractions of course. When someone else is around she goes crazy. When Maria was here cleaning the house she asked if she could take Bayou out for a minute. They played and Bayou really enjoyed it. I'm glad she is friendly with people.

I'm going to have to work more with holding and handling Bayou. She's not as comfortable with it as I'd like her to be. She's either in her pen or on my lap but I'm not handling her enough so starting today I'll handle her more.

We just got in from outside. She seemed to be enjoying the warmth of the 13 degree weather we are having. There's no wind so that's a good thing too. Now she's napping yet again. I'm beginning to see a pattern here. LOL

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger