Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Thursday, February 24, 2011

Off to see the Wizard!

I dropped Bayou off at the vets this morning. I don't know how long they will have her. I'm going to enjoy my time without her even though I miss her already. I put her on the scale when we got there and she now weighs - drum roll please - 14 pounds 2 ounces!! I sent a text to David to let him know her current weight and her sent a text back saying "fatso, ha ha". She is a little chunk now. I can barely pick her up. I'm going to have to do a lot of work with her on walking on the leash and going up and down stairs so I don't have to lift her any more than I have to. I'm aching all over because picking her up is so difficult. She wouldn't walk into the vets so I had to carry her in. I think there were just too many smells out there to distract her. I sure hope Dr. McKenney can figure out what's going on with her. I'm gong to pick up some Nature's Miracle spray and clean up all the places where she's peed in the house to deter her from doing it anymore. I guess if I have to take her out every 15 minutes I'll have to do that to keep her from having accidents in the house.

It's weird not having her here. The house is so empty without her but like I said I'm going to enjoy this little slice of freedom that I am blessed to have. I need to get the house straightened out but I don't really want to do that while I have time to myself. Having a puppy sure does mess the house up. Why is that? lol Part of the problem is the boxes from all the stuff I've ordered for her (though I think everything I've ordered has been delivered now. I'm keeping one of the boxes to see if I can use it to send my printer back to Office Max since it's not working right. Once they get it they'll send me a gift card so I can go buy another printer at Office Max. I don't know what kind of printer I'll get but it will definitely be one that will print out nice pictures. I want to have a nice picture of Bayou to put in my bag. I want to be able to show the picture to people. She's just so darn cute.

I'm kind of hoping that they'll keep her for a few hours so I can get some stuff done around here (besides relaxing that is). It would go faster without Bayou under foot or barking in her kennel. It will give me a chance to change out her kennel too. I have a new waterproof pat for the bottom layer and a new blanket for her to keep cozy on. Both are washable. Heck, everything I have for her is washable.

I've been giving Bayou her meals out of different toys every day. I do that to stimulate her mind. Once in a while I'll just put her food in a bowl but mostly I use the puzzles and Tug-a-Jugs. She loves having to work for her food. I wish there was a way to raise her kennel off the floor so it would be easier to get to her. All the bending over is killing my back and shoulders. I can't believe she's at 14.2 already. No wonder is harder to pick her up. I wonder how big she'll be once she's done growing. Hopefully not too big since she likes sleeping in bed with us. ha ha

Okay, off to get some things done around here. I'll start with Bayou's stuff and then move on from there. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger