Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Thursday, February 17, 2011

Trip to the vets

I was getting worried about Bayou having trouble peeing. She seemed to have frequency and urgency, both signs of a UTI. I called Ask A Vet on one of the news channels last night and the vet said that I should take her in ASAP. It wasn't urgent but it needed to be dealt with sooner rather than later. So I made an appointment with Dr. McKenney for 7:50am this morning. I tried to get a urine sample (don't even ask lol) but couldn't so they got one this morning by inserting a needle into her bladder. The results showed that there wasn't a lot of bacteria in her urine but there was a little blood (which could have been caused by the needle insertion) and she also has a vaginal discharge. Dr. McKenney gave me amoxacillin for her to take 2x/day and she also gave me some For-Bid to help with the poop eating thing. The Dr. said none of these things were uncommon and should respond to the meds. I've already given her 1 amoxacillin. I forgot to put the For-Bid on her food this morning so I'll do that at lunch time. Bayou should show improvement over the next 24-48 hours. If she isn't showing improvement then I need to call the vet Saturday morning. I hope it clears up with the antibiotic though. The visit, UA sample and meds cost $96.00. It could have been a lot worse, money wise, so I'm going to be grateful that I can afford the care that Bayou needs. She's napping so I'm going to try to get a quick nap in too.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger