Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Sunday, February 6, 2011

Not an easy day...

It wasn't that bad but it was more difficult than yesterday which was a breeze. I think it was because it was cold and windy out. We got some flurries too. It wasn't anything that Bayou did. She was pretty good today. It's just that bringing her out is hard when the weather is like it is. We've made it through most of the day with probably one more trip outside before we go to bed. I don't know what the weather will be tomorrow but Tuesday it's supposed to be 5 degrees. That stinks. That makes it really hard for me. I'll get through it though.

I realized that Bayou gets whiny when she needs to go to sleep. She wants out of the pen so she can sleep in my lap. I'm not going to let her sleep on me all the time. She's already getting bigger, heavier and harder to hold. So, she either sleeps on the carpet or in her kennel. The vet said she should gain 8-10 pounds per month. She'll be twice as big by the end of the month. Hard to believe. Her mom weighs 40 lbs so maybe she'll be small too. I don't know anything about her dad, beyond breed, so he could be huge and she could take after him. LOL

I have a lot to do tomorrow so Bayou will be in her pen a bit longer than I'd like but things have to get done. I'll take breaks though to work with Bayou on "sit, down, fetch". She's doing really well with those behaviors and looks forward to doing them. I bought a book that shows how to teach her 101 tricks from the simplest (sit) to some fairly complicated behaviors. It will be fun to work with her. She is smart and I have total confidence that she will learn quickly.

It's way past her bedtime so I should get her to bed. She's sleeping in the pen and I want to get her into her kennel. More tomorrow.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger