Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Sunday, February 27, 2011

Things are getting better for Bayou

I think the Clavamox is working. Bayou isn't peeing as much now. She's still having an accident or two but not nearly as many as before. She's eating and drinking normally and still has tons of energy. On Thursday Bayou goes for her 3rd set of shots and get checked again to see if the infection is gone. She starts puppy class on Sunday so I really hope the infection has cleared up. I'm very excited to see how she behaves with other dogs and people. I'm sure she'll love the people but I'm wondering if she'll be like Harley and be shy. Even if she is I'm sure that won't last long. I'm also anxious to see what her weight will be on Thursday. I rarely pick her up anymore. She's just too heavy. I do lift her up to get on the bed at night though. Yes, she is sleeping with us. It actually makes things a lot easier because she can wake me up right away if she needs to go out. She's doing pretty good sleeping through the night though. She's still waking up for the day at 6:30am which doesn't thrill me but we always seem to get a nap in later in the morning or early in the afternoon. I have a doctor's appointment for me tomorrow so I'll be leaving her alone for a while, about 2 hours. I think she will do okay. I'll make sure I take her out just before I leave and keep her out for a while. It's supposed to be nice out tomorrow and that always helps.

I wasn't feeling too good today (back pain and such) so David helped out with Bayou today. That was so helpful to me. It allowed me to relax and get the rest I needed. I took a shower tonight and that helped too. I feel a whole lot better than I did just a few hours ago. The pain meds help too. ;-) The best thing though was that Bayou was easy to take care of today. She's sleeping in her kennel right now. I'll take her out before we go to bed and then we'll pack it in for the night. I think I'll be feeling better tomorrow and will be able to get more done around the house. Bayou isn't getting in the way of that, the back pain is. She's a joy to own. I took a picture of her today. She's getting bigger every day.






That's it for tonight. I'm going to wake Bayou up and take her out for a potty break then it's off to bed.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger