Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I think today is going to be a rough day for me

I can't get Bayou to go outside because it's 2 degrees and below 0 with the wind chill. She's very whiny too. She's not doing anything wrong, it's just frustrating that potty training has taken a turn for the worse because of the weather. She is so confused about where she should go (on the potty pad, outside, in her pen - which is a no-no). The weather is supposed to get better day by day so hopefully we can get on track again. She needs consistency.

Maria is coming to clean the house today and it's a disaster because I didn't keep up with it this past week and because of the dryer breaking down about 2 weeks ago. It's up and running again and most of the laundry is caught up but I've still got towels to fold and a blanket to wash. I know the house is smelly because she's been using those puppy pads inside. I really want Maria to come today just so the house will smell better. I'm not going to have her clean the whole house today, just the rooms that are not messy (the bedroom, the bathrooms, the laundry room, the kitchen - if I can get the dishes in the dishwasher). We are definitely going to have to replace this carpet once Bayou is old enough and isn't having accidents in the house.

I can tell that Bayou is getting bigger because I can see her face over the top of the pen when she stands up against it.

Finally! I got her to go out and she did her business. I had to carry her out to the corner of the yard but once she was out there all systems were go. That's a relief. I just checked the weather and the wind chill advisory has been canceled. It should start warming up from here on out. I know it's supposed to be in the 50's this weekend. Hallelujah!

This morning instead of putting her food in her dish I put it in 3 Kongs and sealed them up with cream cheese. Bayou really enjoyed that. I can't wait to get those 2 dog puzzles for her to eat out of too. I know she'll have fun with them. I forgot to check Shop & Earn on Swagbucks to see if National Pet Pharmacy was a participating merchant - and they are. I missed out on 100 Swagbucks because I wasn't thinking. I still have 80 sb's pending for the Cabela's purchase we made (jeans for David). I've got to remember to check the Shop & Earn list before I buy anything anywhere except Amazon. National Pet Pharmacy has great prices and a lot to choose from.

Well, whiny girl is still whining. Maybe I should do some training with her. Yeah, I think I'll do that.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger