Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Friday, February 4, 2011

Car ride for Bayou

David needed me to bring his medicine to him at work today so I loaded up Miss Bayou and we drove across town to drop off the meds. She was just fine during the drive. She howled a couple times but she's so cute when she does that that it doesn't bother me right now. I'm sure when she gets older, that howling be become annoying. LOL We also stopped at the gas station and the bank on our way home. She didn't have any problems. David's coworker, Kim, came out to get David's meds since David was in the middle of a job. He asked to see Bayou. She got so excited when she saw him. I'm glad she's meeting people and is not afraid.

Bayou has spent hours playing this morning and ha now settled in on my lap for her mid-day nap. She is so precious.

I got a call from the vet this morning. Her stool sample came back negative, which is good. No worms or parasites.So she is very healthy. I gave her a little cream cheese in a Kong and she loved it. Her little pen is a mess with toys and kibble everywhere. At least it's contained to the pen though.

I emailed the lady who is doing puppy classes at HPVH but haven't heard back from her yet. I want to get Bayou into as many puppy groups as I can. I want her to get used to different dogs and people. I want her to be well socialized. I think the only place she'll really learn bite inhibition is with other puppies who won't take any nonsense from her. Yelping when she bites us isn't deterring her at all. She seems to listen when we say 'no' but she needs to focus her energy on toys, not us. She has done really well today with 'sit'. Now she knows to sit before I even ask sometimes. We'll work on down next.

Last night she slept in her kennel without much of a problem. She whined a little bit but for the most part she just slept through the night. That made me very happy. I want her to be comfortable in her kennel. She actually went into it on her own today. I just encouraged her and let he come out when she was ready. She only stayed in there for a couple of minutes but I'm glad she wasn't afraid to go into it. She's only in there when we go out and at night. So it's not a bad place to her. She's still not always thrilled to be in the puppy pen but I just let her work it out. I may put her in there since she is sleeping. That will give me a chance to take a little nap too.

I've won $25 more in AGC's from Swagbucks. I'm going to look at getting Bayou a bed and poop bags. She needs a little bed to sleep on. I guess I could check Goodwill first though before I buy a new one. Definitely need the poop bags though. The backyard is already a mine field. For some reason too, Bayou is trying to eat her poop. Huxley used to do that. I'll have to research it again and see what, if anything I can do to deter her from doing that. I'm excited about the AGC's (they should be in by the middle of the month). It's so nice to get her stuff without having to spend any money. I think I'll go window shop on Amazon right now.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger