Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Tuesday, July 31, 2007

What should I do?

Here it is the middle of the night again and I'm up typing in the Dog Blog. Lately it's been more of a Cat Blog than a Dog Blog. And that's no exception tonight. In addition to using the whirlpool tub in David's bathroom to do their business, the cats are now using my tub in my bathroom. I am at my limit with this. My house smells like a zoo. Tonight I'm seriously considering finding homes for all the cats, as well as the dogs. Having them is causing me stress that I don't want or need. Paulie is sitting out here in the living room with me right now. The dogs are in bed. What should I do? It's really the cats that are the problem. Would they even find a home for Tabby? She's going on 16 years old. And Paulie and Minnie are seven and a half years old now. Could I really give up my cats? I guess if I could give up Skooter and Moped, then I could give up the cats.

Blitz sat in my lap yesterday. She just crawled up and made herself at home. She's not exactly a lap dog, you know. :-) All of us were lazy yesterday. The girls slept most of the day. They seemed to need the down time because of their busy lifestyles. ;-)

Huxley and Blitz are doing a great job of sitting when they come in the door from the back yard. I usually have to tell Blitz to sit, but she does it now. I give them a treat if they sit (pupperroni). It's a soft treat. The bones I was giving them before were too hard on their teeth and gums. Let me tell you, large Meaty Bones are like a block of cement. Not good.

I'm going to have to talk to David about the cats and dogs. I know he'll be okay with me doing whatever will be best for me and my stress level. I just don't know about finding homes for my cats, especially our old girl. But the cats are more of a problem than the dogs at this point! I don't know that I'll ever break them of the habit of going to the bathroom in the tub. I don't know that they'll ever feel safe in their kitty litter box.

This situation with the animals is deteriorating rapidly. And the more it deteriorates, the more stress I feel. And cleaning out that whirlpool tub 2-3 times a day is not good for my back. I've been straining my back to clean it out every day.

Minnie and Tabby are the guilty ones. Paulie still uses the litter box, which the dogs keep trying to get into. Gee-ross! Oh gosh, what am I going to do? What can I do? I just want a regular house that smells nice LOL Is that too much to ask for? Why me? Why now? Why am I droning on endlessly about this? ;-)

When I think about the girls going down to the Rescue I feel bothered. They are now spoiled, indoor dogs. Down there, they would have to be outdoor dogs for the most part. I know that Kris would bring them in once in a while, but mostly they'd be outdoors (they would be in the dog kennel at night though). I thought that it would be great to help the dogs out, but I'm just in no postion to have the dogs.

Anyway, blah, blah, blah. I did take some new pictures of the girls but I haven't downloaded them yet. I'll do that later today.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger