Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Monday, July 9, 2007

Going after Minnie

It's just a bit after six and the girls have already cornered Minnie in the room with her litter box. They barked at her and went after her. She had to jump over them to get away. Poor little thing. I also let them out and they saw something, don't know what, and started barking and whining. Huxley is doing the whining and barking thing now.

I know it's because of me that things aren't working out. I'm not willing to put in the time it would take to train them to get along with the cats. It's too stressful in the mean time. I know now that a dog isn't in my future. I'll really miss having the girls, but it will reduce the stress by surrendering them. They need more exercise than I can give them and because they aren't getting enough exercise they are getting bored and developing bad habits. And it's all my responsibility.

This morning shows me that I'm doing the right thing (again!). They need more active homes then we can give them. GSP's just need a lot. It's the breed. I should have known better than to try to have two more GSP's. It was fun while it lasted, but now it's getting to be a pain in the patootee. It's really not their fault though. I need to make sure that I acknowledge that. It's strictly my lack of time put into their daily lives.

I haven't heard back from Kris yet. I know she'll think I'm some kind of whacko about dogs. But I have to do what I have to do to reduce my stress. It's a sad situation.

I don't think I'll ever stop missing Skooter and Moped. They are just something special. When I look at pictures of them, I still get sad. But I know they are in more appropriate homes now and I'm happy to know that.

I'll miss Huxley and Blitz but I haven't let myself get too attached to them since I knew that things could get out of control again. I don't think I'll cry for weeks like I did with Skooter and Moped, but I will cry. Leaving them will be difficult. But I know that Kris will find wonderful homes for them. I'll keep the dog blog going until they are adopted out, then the dog blog will retire (or maybe I'll just change what I write about but still keep the same title). I'd really miss the dog blog. I've been blogging almost every day for months now. Oh well, life changes all the time. You've got to change with it.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger