Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Sunday, July 1, 2007

Talked to Kris (GSP Rescue)

I sent an email to Kris asking her for some help with the problems I'm having with the dogs. She called back tonight while I was out celebrating Lisa's birthday (Happy Birthday, Friend!!). I just called her back and she indeed had some suggestions for me.

She said I need to put together some mist bottles of water and vinegar and each time they do something I don't like I should spray them. But I have to catch them in that act. Even seconds later it won't make sense to the dogs. I really need them to associate the bottle and me firmly saying no with the activity that I want them to stop. She also suggested that I take them out at least three times a week for some exercise. At first it was okay that they just layed around all the time and didn't need much exercise. But now they are getting bored and need more exercise, a change of pace, a break in the routine. She also suggested using cinnamon breath spray when Blitz is barking out of control. When I catch her in the act I should spray some on her tongue and say no very firmly.

Those are excellent and do-able ideas. I'll get some vinegar and cinnamon spray tomorrow. I'm really grateful that Kris is there to help. I really love my girls and they are precious to me. I am willing to try anything to make this work out.

Kris also said that if the spray bottles and cinnamon spray don't work then she and her daughter would come up and help me in person. That was extremely nice of her to offer that.

I know that I just have to put in time with the dogs, establish my dominance over them and be in control. Of course, they are being perfect little girls right now, laying down and napping. Nope, now they are playing underneath their bed. Blitz slid across the floor and landed with her head under the bed. Now Huxley is on her back, rolling around. They love playing together.

I also want to put them in Doggy Day Care at least once a week. They really do need a change of scenery a couple of times a week.

I'll plan on taking them up to the Rampart Dog Park tomorrow and I'll set up a day at Doggy Day Care for this week.

They are getting rowdy now, so I better go and settle them down.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger