Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Giving up the girls :-(

I sent this email to Kris today:

"We've come to an impasse with the dogs and cats. The cats are acting out now. They are afraid to go in their litter box for fear of being attacked. So they now are using my tub as a litter box. I even tried putting their litter box in the tub, but they are afraid of the box now. I know that you have a lot of dogs at the Rescue right now and adding two more would make it more stressful, but I just can't keep living with things this way. I am spending too much of my time picking up after the pets. I thought I could help out by fostering Huxley and Blitz, but I'm just not at a point in my life where I can dedicate so much time to pets. I really wanted to keep Huxley and Blitz until you found a home for them so they didn't have to go down to the Rescue and make more work for you, but we will need to bring them down there when it is convenient for you (maybe this coming weekend?). I apologize for any inconvenience I have caused and I want you to know that I really meant well."

I feel disappointed and sad that things have worked out this way. I know that bringing the girls down to the Rescue will be stressful for them and for Kris. But I'm getting too stressed out cleaning up after pets all day long. I don't know how I'm going to get the cats to use their litter box again. The last thing I want is for them to go to the bathroom on the carpet. I plan on closing the doors to every room but the one that has their litter box in it. I hope that they will realize that the dogs are gone and it's safe to go back into the litter box again.

I certainly will miss Huxley and Blitz. I do love them. I'm just not able to keep up with them and the cats.

I just had to go outside to check something on the BBQ grill for David. On my way out I saw that one of the dogs (probably Huxley) pooped on the deck (does that make it a poop deck LOL). Even more cleaning up. I have to spend a lot of time on the yard already. I don't want to have to clean up the deck too. The yard is going to smell really bad if this keeps up.

I realize that I'm not getting stuff done in the house because I'm feeling so overwhelmed by the pets. I know my day will always start with having to clean out the tub. And then sometime during the day, after the grass dries, I have to pick up the back yard. And there's the actual kitty litter box too that needs to be managed Paulie still uses it). It's not that any of this takes long but it's just making more work for me overall. I feel defeated before I even start my day. Hopefully Kris will be able to take Huxley and Blitz into the Rescue by the weekend. I'll miss them. Then I'll have to build a strategy for getting the cats to use the litter box again.

~Sigh!~

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger