Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Excitement

The dogs did quite a bit better yesterday. I spritzed Blitz a couple of times for going after the cats and barking. She stopped immediately when I spritzed her. And when I said 'no' quite firmly they responded. Unfortunately they woke me up around 2:30am cornering Paulie in the bathroom. Much barking ensued. I didn't have the spritzer so all I could do was to firmly say 'no'. They calmed down a tad quicker than they usually would. I was able to get them out of the bathroom so Paulie could escape the confines of the corner. Of course, now I'm up and they're back in bed. That's how it usually goes.

The excitement continued when I noticed flashing blue light coming from outside. The sheriff's department had a truck and a car stopped in the clubhouse parking lot. I couldn't figure out what had happened, but there were a lot of sheriff's cars there. I think that's what initially woke up the dogs, then they saw Paulie and, well, there you go, I'm still up. Thankfully I had already let the dogs out for a potty break so I didn't have to let them out into the back yard with all that excitement going on.

Earlier when I had let them out, they started barking. I'm not sure what they were barking at.

They just ran out after a cat and went into the guest bathroom. They didn't bark this time. Blitz whined a little bit. I couldn't get the spritzer quick enough to give them a shot. But they calmed down quickly and have gone back to bed. That's where I'm headed now. Hopefully I'll be able to get back to sleep.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger