Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Sunday, July 15, 2007

Up in the middle of the night

It's 1:30am. I got about four hours of sleep before I woke up. I don't think it was the dogs that woke me up though. But once I got up they decided to get up too. Blitz wasn't sure what was going on, so she barked a couple of times. I let them outside, they did their business and came right back in. I tried to go back to bed, but Blitz was in my spot. I tried pushing her over, but she wouldn't budge. So, like many times before, they are in bed and I'm sitting up in my chair wishing I could go get comfortable in bed. But I'm a little too awake to go back to bed right now and too tired to start doing anything besides write in the Dog Blog.

Later this morning we're going over to Lisa's for home church. It usually lasts a couple of hours. I've been leaving the girls loose in the house with the cats. Everything has gone well so far when we've left them. We were gone to Richie's BBQ for a little over four hours and when I got home they were in bed sleeping. I don't like leaving them for that long but sometimes it just happens. It's nice to know that I can leave them loose in the house and not have to worry about them.

As I wrote earlier, the cats are getting to be more daring around the dogs. Minnie will come out to the living room (while both dogs are asleep) and just sit by the hallway for minutes at a time. Paulie came out from under the bed and walked right past Huxley and Blitz. That was very daring. And Tabby and Huxley have been nose to nose. As long as the cats don't run, the dogs don't chase them.

Being up like this makes me think of Skooter. i was often up in the middle of the night with him. I still have photos of Skooter and Moped as my screen saver. I never get tired of looking at their pictures. Sometimes, I still miss them terribly. But thankfully most of the time I'm just happy that they are happy.

I wish we would get some info and/or pictures of Moped. I'd love to see how he has grown. But I don't know that we'll see anything from his family until Christmas time. That's five months from now. Must be patient.

Okay, I'm done for now. Time to try to go back to bed. Good night.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger