Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Sunday, July 8, 2007

Things aren't working out with the cats and dogs...

I haven't been posting as much lately because I'm spending so much time dealing with the dogs and cats. They all have become too much work for me. The only way we can keep the cats and stop the bad behaviors they have started is to surrender the girls to the Rescue. So, I sent this email to Kris:

"Things worked out with the dogs for the first two months, but things have changed in the last few weeks, as you know. They require a lot more than I am able to give to them and their relationship with the cats is getting worse each day. David still misses Skooter and Moped and is not keen on keeping these dogs. I can't deal with them on my own. So, we will need to surrender them to the Rescue. David is on vacation starting July 9th, so we'd like to be able to bring the girls down to the Rescue as soon as it is convenient for you. Please let me know when we could do that.

I'm sorry that this didn't work out. I am sad to have to let them go but I know you will find a wonderful home for them."

I'm really sad that I had to send that email. I thought long and hard before I sent it and went over it many times wanting to say the right thing. I love my girls, but they are more than I can deal with. And the cats are going to the bathroom in the tub in our master suite because they are afraid of getting cornered by the dogs in the litter box. I don't want to spend as much time as I have been cleaning up after the dogs and the cats. Kris is going to think that I'm nuts not being able to make up my mind about the dogs, but things really have changed in the last few weeks. There's more whining, barking and cat chasing. Even if I could work something out to keep up with the dogs, there is still the cat issue that I'd have to deal with. They just can't co-exist in one house. It gets real stressful having the dogs chasing after the cats all the time. :-(

I hope that Kris can let us bring them down to the Rescue sooner rather than later. It will be sad now knowing that they are leaving. If they had continued the excellent behavior they had when they first got her, there might not be a problem. But there are more issues than I can deal with at one time. Because of my disability I'm not able to keep up with all the animals. Between cleaning up the back yard and cleaning out the tub, I spend more time than I'd like cleaning up after animals.

Well, it's time to head to bed. Hopefully the dogs have left some room for me. :-)

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger