Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Watch all my dog videos on youtube!

I created a page on youtube of my videos. There are, of course, videos of the dogs. You can link to my video page here

I sat out on the swing tonight talking to Deborah, watching the sun set and the dogs play. They've been going under the deck through a small hole in the lattice surrounding the bottom of the deck. There's only one way in and one way out and I don't know what they do while they are under there.

The girls are getting worse with the barking, whining and chasing the cats. It's not bad, but I definitely need to keep an eye on their behavior. I'm not sure what I can do to get them to back off but I'll have to try something.

We went to Collin's baseball game tonight and had a picnic. There was a family right next to us who had brought their two dogs. They dogs were so well behaved. They just layed there or walked with their kids. My dogs would have been so rowdy. They wouldn't have just layed there. They would have been trying to run wild. I'm not sure if, at the age they are at, that I can get them to settle down and stay with us. Even when I let them out of the house out front, they run all around the cul-de-sac. At the park they would have taken off and I don't know that they would have come back. I don't think they did a whole lot outside of their yard growing up. They don't seem to know how to behave off leash or on leash (they pull). It would take quite a bit of work to get them to be better on and off leash. The sooner I start training them, the sooner they'll be trained.

They are in bed already with David. Paulie is out here with me. He's getting braver about coming out here when the dogs are in the bedroom. Unfortunately Minnie and Tabby are less comfortable and sometimes they go to the bathroom in the tub instead of making their way down the hall to the kitty litte box. I'm cleaning the tub a couple of times per day because of this problem. I'm going to have to move their litter box closer to them so that they can get to it without the dogs bothering them so much.

I'd like to take them up to the Rampart dog park tomorrow, but it's going to be really hot and I'd have to go very early so they wouldn't get worn out by the heat. It sounds like a nice dog park, with benches, trees and water. I wouldn't have to lug a bunch of water with me if they have it available there. I'll have to see what time I get up and if it's early enough maybe I'll take them up there. I wasn't very impressed with the Palmer Park dog park. It's okay, but I think Rampart will be nicer.

Blitz is still giving Huxley a hard time no matter which new bed she's on. She whines and barks at her until she gets off the bed. It's too funny. It's like she doesn't recognize that there are two beds or maybe she does and she just wants to be the one who gets first dibs.

Well, it's time for bed and I'll need to move them over some to get into my side of the bed. They are pretty good about leaving me enough room to sleep comfortably.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger