Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Saturday, June 16, 2007

Mish mash

I woke up around 4am and of course the dogs got up with me. I let them out into the back yard. They didn't stay out for too long. Blitz is laying on the new bed in the living room. Huxley has gone back to bed. I don't know why I'm up so early, but since I am, I'm doing dishes and laundry. Might as well make the most of it. And the girls aren't in the way so I can get a few things done. I'm trying to remember to put their bowls in the dishwasher every night. So far, so good. They get pretty sloppy when they eat and drink and their bowls show it. So does their feeder. I definitely have to keep up with that daily because water and food get under the bowls. Speaking of food, I'm running low on kibble and don't get a delivery until Tuesday. I think I should have enough until then. The sprinklers are on, so the dogs won't want to go out. They'll go out in the rain, but not when the sprinklers are running. I find that odd. They've been getting closer to the cats, but they whine and bark at them and that scares the cats. Paulie will usually come to the defense of Tabby and Minnie. He's a very brave cat. Both Huxley and Blitz can get right up on Tabby now. She's not too thrilled with that, but she seems to be tolerating it. David made some cables for his jeep so we don't have to switch out the restraints every time we switch vehicles. I'm worried about them getting tangled in the cables. They don't get tangled in the restraints becuase of the snap they have on them. I'm not sure how David has fashioned the cables, but I bet they work okay. Maybe we'll take them for a ride later and see how they work. It'll have to be after 11am though because I have someone coming over to buy something off of craigslist. And in the morning I need to go to the Post Office to mail out some eBay stuff. I'm hopiing to make enough spending money to get the girls their harnesses. They didn't have any pink ones at the local PetsMart so I may have to look at another one. I have to get pink for Blitz and orange for Huxley. Those are their colors for now. I noticed on the Rocky Mountain GSP Rescue site that Otto, Tate and Paws are all pending adoption. I think that's great. I've got to put a check in the mail to Kris today (I forgot to do it yesterday!) as a donation for adopting the dogs. They're starting to express some bizarre behavior and I'm not sure what to do about it. Every time that we appear to be getting out of our chairs, even if we're just shifting in the chair, they pop up and run as fast as they can to the bedroom. I'm not sure why they are doing that now. And Blitz's whining and barking, whether it's to get the new bed or because she's close to one of the cats, has got to stop. It's not at the annoying stage yet, but it could very well get their if things continue they way they are. I don't want to have to get a bark collar for Blitz, but I will if she keeps up this behavior. They other thing I'm having trouble controlling is their penchant for snooping around the cat box. I've trying putting the gate up at the door, positioned so the cats can still get in, but closed enough to keep the dogs out. At least I thought they would stay out. As it turns out, they sneek in under the gate like the cats do. Or they just blatantly jump the fence. I'm not sure what their fascination is with the cat box, but I definitely don't want them anywhere near it. Right now I have the cat leaning on the closet door and blocking the way to the cat box I'm not sure that's working either. I'm thinking about cutting a hole for the cats to use in the gate. Then I'd put the gate completely in the door instead of leaning like I had it before. Unfortunately that won't keep them from jumping the gate. And I can't spray anything because then the cats won't want to use their box and we can't have that. I'll figure something out, even if I have to use two gates. Well, it's 5am now and it's getting light out. Blitz is still on her new bed and Huxley is still in my bed, taking up my side of the bed, no doubt!

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger