Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Wednesday, June 6, 2007

An update from Kris (RM GSP Rescue)

Kris called yesterday. She wanted to know how the girls were doing. I told her that they were awesome. She asked if we were going to keep them. I said 'yes'. I told her that I sent the dogs' paperwork to Nancie but I never got a response. Kris said she would call her and try to figure out what is going on. We talked some more about the girls. I told her that the only issues we have are barking at times and Blitz whining. I told her neither issue was a big deal. We dearly love the girls and couldn't imagine being without them. She's going to send the contracts to me so we can make it official. I'm excited about that.

I said to Kris that I was happy to see that Paws was adopted. She told me to hold on to my hat - Otto had been adopted! I told her that when I saw his picture that day, I was sure it was going to say 'Adopted'. She just hadn't put it up yet. How exciting is that? She's had Otto for 2 1/2 years and now he's finally going to have a forever home. And four prospective adopters are interested in the puppies. I'd love to see them all get homes quickly.

Then I asked Kris is she had any news on Skooter and Moped (Duke). She did. She said that Skooter is doing great. His people love him tremendously. There are having no problems with him. Kris was kind enough to send Skooter's birthday gift certificate from PetsMart to his people. I told her that Moped's birthday was coming up soon. Speaking of Moped, Kris said that he has been peeing in the house for no apparent reason. She told his people that they needed to get him checked for a UTI. I sure hope he'll be okay. She was going to call them to see if they have any results of tests yet. Also, the cats where he lives go after him. They don't seem to like him at all. I think he might be peeing because the cats are being mean to him. He wouldn't just start peeing in the house for no reason. He's too smart to do that. There must be something going on with him. Other than the peeing in the house, he's doing great. They love having him. He enjoys playing in the back yard, playing with other dogs at neighborhood get togethers and he gets along great with their little girl. Kris doesn't have any pictures of Moped, but she was wondering how big he is now. She also was curious to know if he's lost his puppy looks because he's almost a year old now. I sure hope they take some pictures of him on his birthday so I can see how he is doing.

Kris asked how our trip to Milwaukee went. I told her that we had a great time. The girls also had a great time at doggy day care. They did great in boarding. They got a lot of attention and played fetch. I let Kris know that the girls were great with kids and adults. They are real people dogs. She was glad to hear that they do well with everyone. I mentioned that they are the laziest dogs which makes them perfect for me. I'm going to send her some recent pictures of them.

It was great to hear such positive things about the boys and to be able to relate such positive things about the girls.

Barb W sent me and email to let me know that her TFT's had their puppies. She's going to be in Colorado Springs this weekend and she wanted to know if we were still interested in a puppy. I told her that a month and a half ago we were asked to foster Huxley and Blitz and we have decided to keep them. So, we're not in the market anymore for a TFT.

The girls enjoyed having Sue stay with us and visit while she was in town. She gave them lots of attention and they loved it. Sue left today. I'm sure the dogs will miss her massages.

Huxley and Blitz are both sleeping right now. Huxley is on her bed and Blitz is on the floor. I almost got a picture of Blitz on her back with her belly up, but the beeping of the camera turning on made her move.

We've had to rebuild portions of the deck that Moped ate. He nearly chewed all the way through some of the slats. We had to replace a couple of them because they were so bad. David did an awesome job designing and rebuilding the deck. It looks awesome. Now it has to be sanded and then stained. It'll be interesting when that happens because I let the girls out into the back yard off of the deck. I'll have to figure something out. We got two of those things that screw into the ground and then have a cable on it so the dogs can run around out front without getting caught up in stuff. We tried to just run a cable off of the fence, but they keep getting tangled up in the trees, bushes, and birdbaths. The things that screw into the ground will work well I think. When we stain the fence I could put the girls out front. They'd like that. We have to adjust their cables though because they came in 20' lengths and we don't need to give them that much to get around the yard without tangling up. The girls and the cats are still settling in with each other. There's still some chasing and hissing. But for the most part, they coexist without too much trouble.

That's about it for now. I'll blog again when I have some news (like if they wake up! ;-) ). Enjoy your day; we're enjoying ours.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger