Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Tiny bits of progress

I sent an email to Dr. J last night letting her know that Harley is showing some improvement. He seems to be a bit calmer this week. I was able to get my shoes out of the closet, put them on and leave without him going after me. I had him do a sit-stay and he did it! Woohoo! I'll take any progress I can get.

Harley is still biting me daily but it's a little bit better too. He goes after me 2-4 times/day instead of it being an all day activity. Mostly he is "flea" biting me. It still hurts though. When he gets really excited he still clamps down on my arms. Usually a treat will calm him down though. I haven't been carrying the treat bag around with me but I will start doing that today. Sometimes, if I get up to walk away from Harley biting me, he'll follow me and jump up on me and continue to bite. If I had a treat ready every time I know I could minimize this behavior.

I still have a lot of work to do with Harley. I need to put in even more time and effort with him. I want him to progress and become a more normal, well-adjusted dog. He'll be 10 months old in just 2 weeks. I can't believe he's almost a year old. I guess if I can make it through his first year, then I can make it through anything.

It snowed out last night. Harley had a great time going out and playing in it. There's quite a drift at the back door that I'll have to knock down (or maybe Harley will knock it down for me!) I'm sure that once he's up he'll be interested in going out to play.

It's almost 6am (I've been up since 5am) so I'm going to head back to bed. More later.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger