Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Friday, March 12, 2010

"greetings"

I was out for about 5 hours tonight. When I got home I stopped in the laundry room and took off my coat and my shoes in anticipation of Harley "greeting" me. He was so excited to see me. He jumped all over me, mouthed me and general just went nuts. I started right away asking him to sit. He tried but was so excited that he could barely contain himself. I asked David to get a treat so I could calm Harley down with some sits and downs. David said that Harley had behaved all night. I don't know why it is that he goes after me the way he does. I know he's treating me as an equal or subordinate instead of a leader. I'm hoping that continuing on the program Dr. Jamtgaard has given us will make a difference. I'm also hoping that the Prozac will be effective too. Harley is in his kennel for the night. He never fusses about going to bed and he's so calm when he wakes up in the morning. It really makes me wonder why he has times like he does when he basically loses it. I've got to get the Gentle Leader fitted on him so I can take him out for a walk. The only leashes I have right now are the chain ones so I'll use one of those to take him out. I wish I could take him up on the Mesa but I don't think he's ready for that yet. We'll probably just walk around the cul de sac. That way if he acts up I can get him home quickly. I'm hoping that the Gentle Leader and the chain leash will help him to walk better. I've got to get him out there no matter what though. I need to get him into a routine so that he can count on things each day. It would be good for me too.

Well, it's late and I need to go to bed. Harley will probably be up at his usual time of 7:00 - 7:30 a.m. Then of course we'll take a nap later in the morning. Okay, beddie bye time. Goodnight all.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger