Bayou

Bayou
Catahoula Leopard Dog

Harley (now called Watson)

Harley (now called Watson)
Our Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever puppy

Moped and Skooter

Moped and Skooter

Huxley and Blitz

Huxley and Blitz
hiking the Garden of the Gods
Everything you ever wanted to know about Skooter and Moped but were afraid to ask!
Want your dog to be a part of the Dog Blog? Email your picture(s) and the dog's story to internettie1960@gmail.com

A Tribute To Tabby (7/93 - 4/08)


Monday, March 29, 2010

His behavior tires me out!

So, I ended up going back to bed for a couple of hours. When I woke up I let Harley out of his kennel. I'm making him sit at the door before he goes out and before he comes in. If he's sitting there and takes more than 5 seconds to go out or come in I will shut the door and go sit down. I won't get up until I'm ready to let him in or out. The thing is, that I've been doing this, it's just that now I'm doing it with attitude and purpose. Harley must finally be hungry - he's eating kibble from his Buster Cube. That's good to see. He didn't empty the cube but he did eat a good amount from it. He is standing at the door but not sitting so he doesn't get my attention. When his butt sits down mine will get up. There he goes, he's sitting. I'll go attempt to let him out.

I opened the door, counted to 5, he didn't go out so I closed the door, came in and sat down. I reached for my laptop and he started licking it so I set it aside. He started to flea bite my legs, which I just have no tolerance for today. I turned away from him but he continued to bite me. I got up and he still continued to bite me. I brought him down to his kennel and put him in it. That's where he is right now. I know that he is just trying to get my attention but I pay too much attention to him as it is. He needs to learn how to deal with things without getting my attention.

I'm going to re-read the handout that Dr. J sent to me about stopping attention seeking behavior. I'm going to go over it again with David too. I want to make sure that David and I are doing our utmost to deter Harley's attention seeking behavior. That's going to be our focus for the next few days. I can't do anything else with him until we get his attention seeking under control.

I'm falling asleep again so I'm going to take a nap before I jump in the shower. He's being whiny but that's his issue to deal wit, not mine.

No comments:

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie

Samantha"s Prince of the Prairie
Skooter

Samantha's Prince of the Pines

Samantha's Prince of the Pines
Moped the Magnificent

Retrieve

Powered By Blogger